Please visit our 2011 Sponsors and thank them for their support!
Weather was a bit chillier than predicted but no rain (yay!) and a record turn-out for the 9th Annual Running of The Humane Race. We haven’t final figures yet, but early estimates are that about 260 runners and walkers participated, with close to 200 dogs. Thanks everyone for coming out and making this the best year ever for The Humane Race!
- Short on time? Here’s a “Best Of The 2011 Humane Race” photo collection.
- See the first photos here with a lot more to come!
- Great photos and a nice story are up at iBerkshires.com.
- Excellent story in the Berkshire Eagle by Scott Stafford.
- Over 550 wonderful photos from Charlie Cao, our Volunteer Race Photographer from Williams College. Thanks Charlie!
- More great photos from Race Volunteers Kailey Pero, Russell Capeless, and Patton Linder. Thanks everybody!
- Another terrific Photo Album from Race Volunteer Leslie Morgenthal. Thanks Leslie!
- There are three big front page photos on the print version of the 5/2/11 North Adams Transcript and a nice mention with photo in the online version of The Transcript.
Oh, yeah. And that iPad 2 we talked about?
We gave it away in a random drawing. The winner was Vivian Patterson, a long-time supporter who raised $500 in pledges for The Humane Race. Don’t you wish you’d won it? Maybe next year!
The Humane Race is a 5K fun run and “Dog Jog” (you are welcome to run with or without a dog) to benefit The Berkshire Humane Society.
The race takes place in Williamstown, MA, in the northwest corner of The Berkshires.
And as much as dogs really dig raising money for the Humane Race, kids love it too!
The Humane Race is a real family affair, with students of all ages getting involved by baking and selling dog biscuits, designing the T-shirts, finding sponsors, getting pledges, setting up the race course, and of course, volunteering by the dozens on race day! Helping animals is a natural for kids, and the homeless animals of Berkshire County certainly shout out their thanks with big, wet kisses and lots of exuberant tail wagging!